4. Art is a multi-million dollar business. At the center of every big business are artists establishing what that business is. From marketing to technical design, all businesses need artists in some capacity.
5. Art supports emotional intelligence. When kids create something unique it can be a powerful way to build self-confidence. They not only learn how to be proud of themselves but to encourage others to keep going and to show them the power of another person’s kindness.
6. Art Improves holistic health. Art has been central to healing for a long time. Artists like Frida Khalo used art as a way to redirect her mind from her chronic pain, and Van Gogh used art to redirect his depression.
7. Art Develops the whole brain. It requires concentration, consideration, dexterity, and interfacing with the material world through various tools and mediums.
8. Art creates a love of learning. Mastering any skill takes perseverance, creativity, and learning from one’s mistakes. When a skill is mastered, it creates self-confidence and encourages you to conquer the next challenge.
9. Art connects us to the world. We can see the world through someone else’s eyes through art. Each of us has a unique way of experiencing and communicating the world around us. Kids are unique in that they usually don’t know the words to use to express how they are feeling, however, they have shown to be able to communicate this through art.
10. Art builds community. It is so much easier to make a friend by creating together. Our studio is such a wonderful place for all kids to feel welcome, accepted, and encouraged to be their own unique selves.